We talked with Penny Smith of C & S Business Services today about the issues employers face with bilingual employees, and we’ll talk about that again next Tuesday with a greater emphasis on immigration issues. Rather timely, given that Missouri’s Hispanic population has more than doubled since the 1990 census.
At 5:00, we were joined by Missouri’s senior senator, Kit Bond. We talked about his role in the revised FISA bill, the situation on the ground in Iraq, and the resignation of Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. A good interview, and the senator was very gracious in declaring himself a fan of The Drive (aw, I’ll bet he says that to all the talk show hosts!).
The Eagle 93.9 Intelligence Briefing:
• Sarkozy first Western leader to speak out loud about U.S. plan to bomb Iran
• Outrage: Justice Dept. hosting conference for co-conspirator in terror trial
• Blunt pursues immigration checks
• Could Jim Talent be next AG?
• Airport deal seeks $2 million in loss protection