Off-Road Friday was on us again, and we turned to Joan — pronounced like “JoAnne” — Gilbert (no relation), author of Missouri Ghosts, More Missouri Ghosts, and Missouri Ghosts III for a look into the spooky side of the Show-Me State. She had some fascinating stories, including several about the aptly-named Ravenswood Mansion near Boonville.
The Eagle 93.9 Intelligence Briefing:
• Census Bureau wants immigration raids halted (Because we can’t count the illegals if they think we want to deport them! Does this make a single shred of sense to you?)
• Homeland Security enlists clergy to quell unrest during martial law (This sounds like consiracy wacko stuff, but it’s real: DHS wants your pastor to convince you to turn in your guns peacefully when they knock at your door.)
• Over 110,000 sign protest petition on eve of SPP summit
• Va Tech families angered over ‘shoot ’em up’ rapper at ‘healing’ concert
• More local students take ACT, and scores are up