It was a busy show today: Our first guest was Nikki Hohensee, whose son Devon is one of the 14-year-old Boonville Babe Ruth All-Stars headed for their World Series tournament in Virginia next week. Family members are hosting a fundraiser to cover travel expenses at the Boonville Country Mart tomorrow morning from 9:00 to Noon. You can also donate at UMB Bank in Columbia and Boonville.
Dan Buckley joined us at 5:20 to talk about his cross-country bike ride for the American Cancer Society. Any guy who’s willing to ride through 100+ degree heat for cancer research is OK by me.
Our man guest for the night was Lawrence Panarello, author of The True Justice of a Just God. It’s hard to accept the existence of a just and loving God when things in this life are often so unfair. The problem, as God explained to Job, is that we lack His perspective.
The Eagle 93.9 Intelligence Briefing:
• US military heading to Mexico?
• Doctors in Boston avoid legal trouble over partial-birth abortion by poisoning fetus first
• Stem cell amendment changes little in Missouri (says the N.Y. Times; state Sen. Chuck Graham is featured in the article, even though prominent Republicans such as Gov. Blunt and state Rep. Ed Robb also supported Amendment 2)
• Lawsuit filed to stop MOHELA sale
• Columbia bus route changes begin this weekend