We broadcast live today from our Thanks 4 Giving Food Drive, and I was gratified to see the stacks of food at the tent when I got to the HyVee this afternoon. Peggy Kirkpatrick of the Central Missouri Food Bank told us about the work they do and why they’re in such need this year.
Then we talked with Robert Smale, assistant professor of history at MU and expert in Latin American politics, about the ongoing political upheaval in Mexico and the return to power of Daniel Ortega in Nicaragua.
The Daily Intelligence Briefing:
- Lopez Obrador sworn in as head of parallel government in Mexico
- ‘Bush doesn’t think America should be an actual place’
- Iran to hold Iraq summit
- Pentagon wants $127 billion more for Iraq, Afghanistan
- Microsoft releases five critical security patches
- IBM expands role in Second Life